The Hotel de Guise is an XVIIIth century seignorial house. Marquis de Jouffroy and Countess de Bressey ordered its construction in 1752. Countess de Bressey is remembered in our local history as king Stanislas’s favourite.
The original foundations of the house date back from a 1600 abbey – see room Stanislas or Breakfast lounge on the first floor.
In that room, characteristic elements of the Louis XIII period can be seen:
- ceiling “ à la française”: exposed wooden beams and painted lily flowers
- a monumental fireplace with a stone paved chimney-piece
The hotel is built in a U shape around a court recently renovated.